Content

Friendship

Tuesday 19 April 2011

Friendship

True friends are hard to come by! A person can start of with loads of best mates when they are a child/teenager but as the years progress, their friendship circle gets smaller and smaller. This is because people come and go, people move locations etc and lose contact. It amazes me how you can be so close with someone one day and then the next day you are complete strangers– how does this happen?!

The true meaning of friendship is something that has been on my mind for a while because this year has been tough for me. People who I thought I could trust, and who I would class as a true friend has let me down, to the point that we no longer speak. I feel it always affects females a lot more when you lose a good mate on bad terms because of the memories like photos etc you share, and mutual friends – it’s tough! You notice it when you want something funny happens to you and only that person would understand! It’s tough when the person you laughed with changes, and becomes a person you don’t even recognise! It makes you question, why you were friends with these people to begin with?! – have these traits always been there?

Out of a bad situation comes a good situation and it made me realise how much you should value the friends you have left and not to take them for granted because, when life gets tough (and it always does) it’s these friends that you can rely on! When you are doing great in your career, it’s these friends that will be the first to congratulate you! When you are sad about a situation, it’s these friends that will be the first to give you a hug or wipe away your tears! – That is true friendship!

Now, every friendship has its ups and downs but it is how you overcome them! This can be easier said than done, I understand that, but if your friendship is worth more than a petty argument, then give it that time.

I love my best friends in my life, they are like a sister/brother to me and I pray that God will continue to bless them! Friendship, like love, is a treasure, and gives meaning to life!

Jess x

1 comments:

Leone at: 19 April 2011 at 14:50 said...

So true x

Post a Comment