Content

Success

Saturday 16 April 2011
"I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has had to overcome while trying to succeed."
Booker T. Washington


...this is a familier quote which my father would regularly encourage me with whilst I was growing up, especially through those difficult exam seasons at school, college & uni.

It is a quote which sticks with me at all times. Whenever I feel that I am facing a challenge or an obstacle in my life, I remind myself of it and tell myself 'its just a part of the process, I'm succeeding!'

Too often we recognise people for the things they have achieved, the end result, the final product and forget about the hard work, time and sacrifices that they had to make to get there. Think about the training that athletes have to go through before they hit that track, the lifestyle that they have to live to become who are they - its the hidden things, the things we do behind the scene that really make us - those things, to me, define success.

Maybe you are striving to achieve that 'great thing' in life and haven't overcome the last hurdle yet, just stop and remind your self that you are in fact on the route to completing the journey of success - because it is all about the journey, not the end result.

Enjoy your journey, the high and the lows. Allow the process, it defines you, strengthens you, characterises you....create a lifestyle of success, dont wait for the finish line to congratulate yourself and celebrate. After all....you were born a winner!

Be blessed

Melissa

0 comments:

Post a Comment