Content

Having Confidence in your own abilities

Sunday 13 March 2011
So I am back from Miami and yet again in a rush to complete this blog.....Sorry I am not setting a very good impression to the readers here, neither am I taking advice from my fellow bloggers about preparation!

I have my final exam tomorrow for my Post Graduate course Human Resource Management and I am absolutely petrified. I am not prepared neither do I feel that I am in the position to answer two essay questions on Employee Relations and Reward Management........ YAWN. Before either of you readers start thinking "but hang on a minute Shemeleah was in Miami this time last week sunning it up, drinking cocktails" lol. Well yes I was and I tried really hard to do revision, but I guess what I got done, just was not good enough... eeek!

Since I have been back I have been pulling my hair out, getting on my house mates and my partners nerves about this exam, I am completely stressing out and questioning my abilities as HR practitioner and post graduate student to perform in this exam.
I am however as prepared as I can be (given that the exam is tomorrow). I have told myself that I am going into the exam room with a sound and clear mind, I am not going to give up/quit at the last hurdle because I have come to far to begin to think negatively.

In preparation for tomorrow I am going to get an early night, I am currently drinking my mint tea and I am going to read an encouraging poem which I would like to share with you guys.... I hope you find it as inspirational as I do.

The Dont Quit Poem

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest, if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about,
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don't give up though the pace seems slow--
You may succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than,
It seems to a faint and faltering man,
Often the struggler has given up,
When he might have captured the victor's cup,
And he learned too late when the night slipped down,
How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out--
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far,
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.

- Author unknown

Peace and Love

Shemeleah xx

2 comments:

Leone at: 13 March 2011 at 16:38 said...

Love the poem, good luck with your exam, can't believe it's nearly over. Look how far you've come :)

Rowena Hay at: 14 March 2011 at 06:21 said...

yay good poem! you'll do great!

Post a Comment