Content

Speak out, someone needs to hear it!

Sunday 15 May 2011















Voice
2. a particular opinion or attitude expressed...

Hiyee

I was sitting and thinking the other day about how cool it is that we have this blog, that as young women we have an arena to express our thoughts and what is on our hearts with the ultimate goal of encouraging others... it's amazing! I seriously believe that influence and encouragement can change a nation/people. I most certainly have made changes in my life and took certain steps as a result of being influenced or for want of a better word 'inspired' by someone else.

I attended Question Time a couple of weeks ago which was a great experience. It made me realise the importance of speaking out on issues which mean something to you. I love a good debate and as you may know Question Time is all about debate and airing personal views on current issues that have been in the main news that week.

Sitting in the audience of QT made me realise that we all have something to say & what we have to say may influence someone else - for better or for worse ;-)

We learn so much by reading other people's works, listening to other people's words and watching other people's actions. It made me think about my own actions.. "what are people picking up from me" "how am I influencing others" "am I inspiring anyone"... I'm working on all three.

Now I'm not saying that I've suddenly turned into Zora Neale Hurston or Maya Angelou and have lots of wisdom to share but maybe just maybe I can share something that will help someone else. Even at work during our day to day routine we can always share a nougat of wisdom and knowledge. Whether it being a computer programme shortcut or a profound piece of ground breaking research.. let's share what we know.

"Tell them about how you're never really a whole person if you remain silent, because there's always that one little piece inside you that wants to be spoken out, and if you keep ignoring it, it gets madder and madder and hotter and hotter, and if you don't speak it out one day it will just up and punch you in the mouth from the inside."
Audre Lorde

1 comments:

Leone at: 16 May 2011 at 15:08 said...

This reminds me of a quote 'If you can help enough people get what they want you can get what you want' Zig Ziglar. By sharing what we know and encouraging others we are creating a culture of growth and an abundance mentality it serves no one to covert knowledge. Everyone has something powerful to share. Thanks for sharing Nic's :)

Post a Comment