Content

Stamina

Monday 28 February 2011
Over the last week I've been really struggling to stay up beat and positive. I've got this sense of restlessness that I'm just not quite where I want to be. This feeling that things are not going at the pace I want them to go at, change is not coming quick enough. I'm doing so much working full time, studying part time, setting up a business, starting a blog, not to mention my personal life mom just recovering from being very ill last year and being in a new relationship. There's so much that needs to be done, theres's just not enough hours in the day. 


So there's enough to do already right? then you have the negativity you have to deal with at times in the work place and in life in general. People undermining you, people being disrespectful and just generally bringing negativity into your day. Sometimes people can really miss use their power, but thats a whole new topic and a whole other story I digress!


Needless to say I felt tired and feed up. All my energy and focus turned to feeling very sorry for myself. 


And then.....


I started to think that just maybe, just maybe I was wasting energy. All of my energy was being transfered to negative thinking, negative people and basically embracing a woe is me mentality. 


Why did I think that all my dreams would materialise over night? what would happen if I transferred by energy into fulfilling my life's purpose and vision? Why was I embracing this weakness? why was I giving up? 


See this week I came to see that life is not a 100 metre race, its a matron and it requires STAMINA.






Lets explore this further take a look below at the collection of reference points I have collated regarding stamina. 


Definition of stamina: 

  1. Physical or moral strength to resist or withstand illness, fatigue, or hardship; endurance.
  2. Enduring energy, strength, and resilience.
Other words for stamina: 


Staying power, endurance, resilience, force, power, energy, strength, resistance, grit, vigour, tenacity,power of endurance & indefatigability. (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/stamina)

Opposites to stamina: 

Apathy, lack, laziness, lethargy & weakness. 
Quote: "Continuous effort -- not strength or intelligence -- is the key to unlocking our potential." Liane Cardes



Video on stamina: http://www.oprah.com/own-master-class/Oprah-on-Diane-Sawyers-Stamina-Video


Isn't it interesting that the opposite to stamina is apathy, lack & laziness. Tell me how can I/ we expect our dreams to be realised if we can not commit to seeing them through until the end? If we give up in the face of opposition? if we fall at the first, second, third, forth, fifth etc hurdle and fail to get up?

Where would we be now if Dr King or Malcolm X got tired and gave up? 


Thomas Edison conducted approximately 10,000 experiments before he perfected the light bulb. I wonder if we would still be using gas lamps and candles if he had given up after even a few attempts?  Who knows! What I do know is that when you have a vision for your life, when you can see the life of your dreams, keep pushing until you are wide awake within that dream. Don't stop until your true purpose in life is fulfilled. 


So in the words of Kayne West 'I won't be taking no days off until my spaceship takes off' now thats stamina! Meet you amongst the stars. 


Stay Gifted and Highly Favoured. 


Lele x 



0 comments:

Post a Comment